May 04 , 2016
Homeowners have a variety of choices in energy efficient air filters. Here is a list of filters to choose from:
- Economy panel filters– You will usually find these in a four or five pack. They are relatively inexpensive; however you get what you pay for. These filters simply do not filter much at all and you will probably be replacing them once a month to work efficiently.
- Pleated filters– Pleated filters can last up to six months are on average 10% to 60% more efficient than conventional AC filters. They cost more, but worth it in the long run.
- Electrostatic filters– These are both energy-efficient and cost-effective. They may cost a little more but can typically be washed and reused.
- Electronic filters– These filters can get dusty quickly, but it typically does not negatively impact airflow. To clean them, you need to remove the cells, soak them in cleaner, rinse and reuse.
- HEPA filters– Although HEPA filters are the most efficient, you will likely pay a premium for these filters.
Family Air can assist you in keeping your HVAC running at an optimal level of efficiency and determine when your air filter needs to be replaced and the best one to replace it with. Give us a call today!