Dec 02 , 2015
The average life span of a furnace is approximately 20 to 30 years, however if your unit is over 15 years old it is probably a good idea to review and consider furnace replacement options which will be more efficient and save you money.
Here are some indicators it may be time for you to replace your furnace
- The furnace constantly needs repairs.
- Yourgas/electric bill is going up despite usage staying the same.
- The rooms in your house are heating unevenly
- The furnace is cycling on and off frequently
- Your furnace is noisy and develops hums, buzzes and rattles
- Your furnace puts out excessive dust particles.
- You see signs of rust in and around your furnace, or the components show cracks or corrosion.
If your furnace is exhibiting any of the above warning signs, call Family Air to inspect the unit. A simple repair may be able to solve your problem or they can give you advice on the best type of unit to replace it with.