Jun 02 , 2015
Jun 01 , 2015
Air conditioning your home makes up approximately 44% of your monthly utility bill, according to the U.S. Department of Energy. Here’s some ideas on how to reduce those costs during the summer time:
1) Plant leafy trees that will grow at least 15 feet around your home’s exterior to stop the sun from reaching inside. If the trees or shrubs shade your air conditioner, you could boost your AC’s efficiency by up to 10%.
2) Installing solar screens or mesh-like window screens can result in intercepting up to 70 % of solar energy before it gets into your house
3) Lower your air conditioners thermostat setting to 78 degrees Fahrenheit when you’re at home. But let that number rise to a warmer temperature at night or when you’re away from home. This trick will save you 5-15% percent on your air-conditioning bills.
4) Set you AC fan speed on high, except on very humid days where you should set the speed on low. The slower air movement through the air-condition unit removes moisture from the air and improves comfort in your home.
5) Use fans to circulate air inside the house while you are at home.
6) Skip the stove-top boiling and oven baking; summer is for grilling and keeping the kitchen cool!
7) Make sure your AC unit is running efficiently by keeping the filter clean to allow for good air movement and keep the unit level so the condensation drains properly
8) Replace your older air conditioner with a newer unit and you could cut your energy costs in half.
9) Call Family Air to for an air conditioner check and make sure everything is running properly!
*All percentages are according to the US Department of Energy
Dec 14 , 2014
I’m sure many of us have opened our electric bill in Tucson and thought turn off the AC, this is outrageous! That is where Family Air comes in. We can provide you with tips that can help you save bundles.
To start off, we recommend changing your filter at least once every month. Although, if you have pets and are in an area with high dirt and dust, we recommend checking it monthly. This will not only help on your electric bill, it will provide better air flow and provide you with a better running efficient system.
We know that some systems are just at that point where they are out dated and are running harder and harder by the day. We have many new high efficient systems that we can provide you with, that will fit your best needs and keep your wallet fat and lower your electric bill.
At Family Air we know that times are hard and that’s why we make the effort to provide you with not just quality systems but quality service as well. So give us a call at (520) 369-3445 and let us handle your comfort!
Dec 12 , 2014
Replacing your existing Heating and Cooling system in Tucson can be a bit stressful. That’s why, at Family Air, we send our trained Comfort Consultant to help you find the perfect fitting system for your home.
Weather you accept our estimate or not, it doesn’t cost anything for you to receive one from us.Our bids always include everything that we believe will make your system perform at best efficiency, meaning you will not find any additional charges at the end of the job. At Family Air,we pride ourselves in our installations and back it up 100%. If you have any questions feel free to call Family Air at (520) 399-5850 “Where your comfort is our responsibility.”
Oct 24 , 2014
Have you had your HVAC system in Tucson inspected recently? Even though it has been freezing in Tucson recently, the hot weather is on its way! It is better to make sure you do not need HVAC repairs before it hits.
Make sure you make that call to have someone come out and inspect your air conditioning unit before the rush is on. Many times people find out their air conditioning unit is not functioning properly on the first hot day of the year and it takes a while to get a technicain out to repair it. Don’t get caught unexpectadly with no AC and an unbearably hot home.
Oct 05 , 2014
We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction and what better way to do that then to save you
money. We recommened having a trained professional go out to your home and do a inspection of your air conditioning unit to ensure proper function.
When doing an AC inspection in Tucson, we are then able to troubleshoot problems that may occur when summer has already hit, so why not catch it before and save the sweating and hassle of the hot?
Here at Family Air, we like to make sure that your system is running at its highest efficiency, so give us a call now at (520) 369-3445, and let us take care of your comfort!
Sep 22 , 2014
At Family Air LLC we are licensed, bonded and insured. We give you the Peace of Mind that we will take care of all your cooling needs. Whether you have an Air Conditioning unit, swamp cooler, or wall unit, our technicians are trained in all areas to ensure you receive the highest level of satisfaction. We encourage you to give us a call, even if your unit is cooling; it’s never a bad thing to make sure your unit is working at its highest efficiency. So go ahead call us at 520-369-3445 and let us take care of you and your family’s comfort! We service Tucson and all surrounding areas
Sep 10 , 2014
Many people don’t realize the importance of maintaining a clean filter in there heater and ac units. Once your filter becomes clogged it lowers the air flow that you feel throughout your home. It as well makes your system work harder to maintain the temperature that is most comfortable for you. When your system has to work harder, that means your electric bill rises. There have been cases where a filter can get so clogged the system malfunctions and starts a house fire. So why not take the extra time to change your filter once a month. We recommend if you have multiple indoor pets to check it twice a week and give it a shake outside. You will notice you have better air flow and a more efficient working system. If you have any questions give Family Air LLC a call where “Your Comfort Is Our Responsibility”.
Aug 14 , 2014
The cold is here! It’s time to get the heater running and your air conditioning powered down. With temperatures lowering by the day it’s important to get your heater checked by a licensed contractor to ensure that it won’t break down during the holidays, nobody wants angry in-laws! So pick up the phone and give Family Air a ring at 520-399-5850. Make sure to do it soon to guarantee your winter special at only $39.99. (Good to only December 31st, 2012) Don’t forget to mention this ad! Happy Holidays from all of us here at Family Air where “Your comfort is our responsibility.”