Oct 10 , 2017
We know that when it is still hot inside, the last thing you are thinking about is heating your home but now is actually the right time to check your furnace and schedule an annual checkup. The last thing you want is to have cold air blowing out when the temperature does eventually drop (and it will).
Here are 6 reasons why there is no better time than now to get ready:
- Prevention – your annual inspection will help catch small problems before they become big repairs.
- Keep your family safe – early detection of cracks in the heat exchange can prevent carbon monoxide gas into your home.
- Dust collectors – your furnace has been collecting dust all summer long so it is imperative that you clean it before you turn the heat on otherwise you are going to have the horrible odor of burning dust throughout your home which may last for hours.
- Pressure check – low air pressure results in poor heating of your home. A tune up check will determine the air pressure and be able to track where the issues are coming from.
- Energy saving – a tune up contributes to the overall efficiency of your system which in turn saves you money throughout the winter season.
- Prolong the life of the furnace – no surprise that annual tune ups can help your furnace last longer. If you are good at following upkeep, there is no reason why your furnace can last up to twenty years which also save you money!
We hope these six reasons make you proactive and solve problems before they start! Contact us today to receive your furnace checkup.